I have a question about a medication and if it
symptoms may be related to eczema
Hi and Welcome to Ask A Doctor service .I have read your question and here is my advice.
Sorry to hear about what yo have been suffering from lately.There are few points i want to explain to answer your question.
1. The problem is least likely to be caused by the drug. It might be the same problem which occurred at time of the UTi then, or was taken for UTi , but it does not look to be caused by the drug.
2.The fact that your test are normal , there is no ulcers, or crusting, and no odour , any infection or STD is unlikely.Some discharge may be normal.
3.The symptoms may well be explained by allergy of the site ( eczema ).Eczema may involve this area, and caused itching, dryness , and may cause minor cracks.This is typically recurrent. The response to steroids in another factor favouring its allergic nature.We advise to use steroid creams for 4 weeks twice a day. it may be reduced then once it healed. Emolients may also help .We advise to avoid scratching to let it heal.
Hope it would be fine ,in case it did not heal , it would be great then to see a skin specialist .
4.Many times the allergy may be caused by local irritant substances to which your skin may be allergic. This can be any thing like tampons, douches, lubricant, panty liner, soaps, de-odurant, , spermicides etc. So you need to see if any such thing may be the cause.
Hope this help you understand you query , Please feel free to ask if you have any further question or concerns,I will be glad to answer your questions.
Kind Regards ;Dr Mahboob Ur Rahman
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol