I have a purple/blue looking line bruise running from the

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2017
Apr 2017

General Surgeon
Question
I have a purple/blue looking line bruise running from the top of my butt crack to nuat before the butt hole. And i have an area above my butt crack that is hurting alot. I am currently on panadiene forte for my mucosal prolaspe (i am in the process of getting this fixed and my surgeon thinks i may have ceiliacs disease) but the panaduene forte isnt helpung with the pain for that area at all. Its workung for all the other pain i have in the rectal area but not for this new spot and the pain is making me very uncomfortable
Fri, 9 Feb 2018 in Lump

Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation involving the butt crack area.provide further inputs please.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* This seems more likely to be inflammation in the butt crack area in form of
pilonidal sinus or else .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Bruise - duration .
2. Associated itching , discharge of any type of liquid material from that part .
3. Overlying skin is warm in temperature or normal like surrounding skin .
4. Any alteration in bowel movements .
5. If possible and no objection a photo picture as an attachment showing the
bruise can help much better .

Awaiting for your response .

Regards .

Follow-up: I have a purple/blue looking line bruise running from the 18 minutes later
i have only noticed the bruise since i noticed the pain approximately 24 hours ago.
there is no itching or discharge from the spot im getting the pain from (i know i wrote it was at the top of my butt crack but i mistyped and i meant its just at the top of the butt hole) it doesnt feel like iy has any heat in it. my bowel movements arent great due to my prolaspe but are no different to what i would consider to be normal for me at this stage. pain is coming from area which i have circled.
Follow-up: I have a purple/blue looking line bruise running from the 2 minutes later
there is no itching or discharge from the spot im getting the pain from (i know i wrote it was at the top of my butt crack but i mistyped and i meant its just at the top of the butt hole) it doesnt feel like iy has any heat in it. my bowel movements arent great due to my prolaspe but are no different to what i would consider to be normal for me at this stage. i cant upload a photo its saying the file is too big.

Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most probably anal fissure .guidelines provided in details herewith .

Detailed Answer:
Welcome .

Thanks for the details .

* The presentation seems to be anal fissure most likely .

* Suggestions at present for better outcome from the condition

- Sitz bath ( sitting in a tub filled with lukewarm water 5 minutes each 3 times a
day and additionally after passing stool ) helps great .
- Intake of tab. ibuprofen (400 mg ) 3 times a day after meals ( if no history of
drug sensitivity ).
- Manage to have soft bowel evacuations with high fiber diet .
- Avoid spicy , oily , non veg stuffs at present .
- Keep the part clean with antiseptic solution .
- Avoid anal intercourse ( if involved ) .

* If problem in uploading photo , can send to my email at
YYYY@YYYY

* Confirmation by rectal examination with your consultant surgeon later on .

Welcome for any further assistance or doubts .

Wishing you fine recovery .
Regards take care .