_I have a pulsating in my head , when I

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Tue, 19 Feb 2019 in Headache and Migraines
Question: _I have a pulsating in my head , when I get up sometimes I feel it when I lay down I hear it , It seem as though it's positional.I.ve gone to several doctor they don't seem to to know. what can I do it very annoying please help me . I am having no pain nausea no other symptoms. I take metoprolol, hct and norvace.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems like pulsatile tinnitus..

Detailed Answer:

Your description - pulsation in the heat (feel it sometimes and hear it sometimes) seems like pulsatile tinnitus to me. I noted you've a plan to visit a cardiologist. I would have suggested the same.

Pulsatile tinnitus occurs due to increased blood flow through blood vessels around the neck and ears. A cardiologist will be able to assess if you have any such conditions. In case there is no abnormality found, you may also need to see a neurologist and ENT doctor.

I understand it may be annoying. But it is best to stay relaxed and calm. Stressors and worries may worsen the symptoms.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.