Ask a Urologist   »  

I have a problem, sometimes I have pain when I

Question
I have a problem, sometimes I have pain when I touch my left testicle, when I'm with my wife and she start touching slowly no hard both testicles I feel a sharp pain in my left testicle
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs to be examined by a urologist and ultrasound testes will be needed

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it needs to be examined in detail by a urologist to look for any signs of testicular hernia.

Other painful conditions like torsion is less likely with such chronic history but still should be ruled out s it may then need urgent surgical intervention.

Usually hydrocoele or vericocoele are painless and present with pronounced swelling than chronic pain.

Sharp pain also is a less likely feature of local Inflammation secondary to any underlying infection as it is usually associated with dull pains and local or general temperature.

Meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen or Ibuprofen can be used for pain control. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards