I have a peanut sized lump inside the bottom of

Dr. Anders Mark Christensen

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have a peanut sized lump inside the bottom of my penis shaft, is it something I should be worried about. It suddenly appeared a few days ago.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No you should not

Detailed Answer:
Hi Cmurchie123,

You should not be worried. The sudden appearance argues against something serious. It would be helpful if you could upload a photo of it. It is probably a sebaceous cyst.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Penile cancer is very unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hi again Cmurchie123,

It is not stupid to consider, but I hope that it may comfort you, that it is extremely unlikely to be penile cancer, as it usually presents as a wound, a scab, a polyp-like mass or an inflamed area typically around the head of the penis. What you have is probably a sebaceous cyst or a lymph node, as I mentioned. I suggest you simply observe it for the next few weeks, and if it gets worse you see your own GP or a urologist.

Hope this helps.
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 0 minute later
Thanks for your response, very much appreciated. I have been worried about it as I am not medically qualified and was imagining the worst case scenario. Unfortunately I cannot send a picture as no symptoms are presenting on the penis surface. Stupidly i was considering penile cancer, but I had read that it very rarely presents as a lump/bump.
Follow up: Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 20 minutes later
OK, will do and thanks.
Answered by Dr. Anders Mark Christensen 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No problem.

Detailed Answer:
No problem. Feel free to contact me again if you have further questions.

Wishing you a happy new year.