I have a painless twitching on my left side under

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have a painless twitching on my left side under rib cage at the bottom of my ribs. I’ve been doing PT for my back. I have mild but annoying mid back pain which is believed to be a muscle from holding my 7 month old daughter mainly on my left side. I’ve had other twitches on the muscles that were worked by my last by the physical therapist but didn’t do anything with my abs so not sure why that area is twitching.
Wed, 7 Feb 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consider degerative spine disease.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Twitches of muscles may be a feature after physical therapy or other efforts.

Benign fasciculations syndrome also may explain muscles twitching too.

However, if these twitches happen often and there is no apparent cause further investigations are necessary to find the cause.

Since there are degerative changes of your spine found by the x-rays degenerative spine disease is a possibility.

In my opinion, an MRI of your spine ( thoracic and lumbar spine ) is necessary to understand better your condition.

Discuss with your Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.