Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

I have a painful lump on my penis shaft

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16002 Questions
I have a lump on my penis shaft. It's under the skin. It's not visible. Slightly pain when I squeeze on it. No problem when pee or sex. I don't feel a lump when it erects. It's not movable so I don't think it's a cyst. So what is it?
Posted Fri, 21 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be minor form of Peyronie's Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for a good description to get a better idea. This can be a very mild form of a disease called Peyronie's. The exact cause is not yet known why this develops and it is good that you have no perceptible symptoms. There is a formation of a small plaque like that of fibrosis and may not progress further. The best policy is just wait and watch, get this checked by an Urologist once and do not worry about this at the moment. This can not a be a cancer as it is not felt on erection. regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I have a painful lump on my penis shaft 22 minutes later
Thanks! Will it bend? I was reading about Peyronie's. Mine looks straight.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Since when? Detailed Answer: Hi, Since when have you got this? If it is of a long duration , just do not worry and forget about it as it will never increase. It may not bent ; and a small bent does not produce any problem for sexual act for either of you. You can have a supplement of multivitamins and vit E 400 mg once a day. Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I have a painful lump on my penis shaft 7 minutes later
I have it about 2 weeks. I will watch it. It should be okay. Thanks again!
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 minutes later
Brief Answer: please start the medicines Detailed Answer: Hi, Please start the antioxidant ( multivitamins)and Vit E . They do help a lot . Some times a short course of mild steroids in a reducing doses help, but should be taken under the supervision of an Urologist. Take care and let me know if I can be of further help to you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor