I have a pain just below my left ribs that
Colonoscopy and kidney ultrasound needed to determine diagnosis.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
I think this is not coming from gallbladder since ti gives pain mostly on right than on left.
I think most probably this pain comes from diverticulitis, a condition where bowel is full of infected diverticuls( small pouches).
Sometimes is accompanied by irritable bowel syndrome.
This is diagnosed with colonoscopy.
Another possibility of left abdominal pain is kidney stones.
You should do a total blood count, an urine analysis and an ultrasound.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.