I have a lump on the back of my left

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Excellent

General Surgeon
Question
I have a lump on the back of my left upper arm and shoulder. It doesn’t hurt it’s large about the size of golf ball I didn’t realize I had it until my massage therapist told me about it. What could it be? Any clue?
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible lipoma or ateroma

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
Considering your description this is benign subcutaneous tumor and most common are lipoma and ateroma in this region These usually grow slowly and may not cause any difficulties but if there is such large lump then it would be best to remove it surgically under local anesthesia. wish you good health. Regards