Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

I have a lump on arm above crease. Is there anything to worry about?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
I have a lump on left arm above crease to the right size of quarter? Has been there quite awhile anything to worry about?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
Thanks for the query.

The possible causes for your lump are:
Lipoma: which is a benign growth due to collection of fatty tissue under the skin.
Bone spur: It is a tiny pointed outgrowth of bone. It can occur due to local inflammation from arthritis.But rare to see on arm.
When covered with muscle tissue sometimes it can be mistaken to be a lump.

So you once consult general surgeon to get examined to find out the actual nature of the lump.
If needed you can go for FNAC or biopsy which will help in diagnosing the condition.
If the lump is found to be benign and not having any features like increasing size, pain, inflammatory signs etc then you can just wait and watch.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor