I have a lump near the middle of my tongue
Hello. yes it can be malignant
Hello dear. I have gone through the details.
So, as you said , you have quit smoking and alcohol long back, it tend to reduce the risk of developing cancer. However, risk never comes back to zero. If there is a definite lump on clinical examination with a breach in the skin, it can be a malignant lesion. Appropriate will be to get a needle aspiration biopsy done and to confirm it.
Smaller the lesion, more chances of complete cure.
Thanks and regards
feel free to ask further
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...