Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

I have a labia fissure. What cure and medicine is required?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1983
Answered : 979 Questions
Hi , I have a labia fissure , I have had one a long time ago and my doctor gave me something for it. I forgot what it was. Can you tell me what to use for it . I now live in Hawaii and I don't have a doctor here yet. Thank you. XXXXXX
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

labial fissures can be due to dematitis like lichen planus and lichen sclerosis.

You have to properly moisturize it by applying aloe vera ointment.

Clobetasol ointment locally is the treatment of choice

If there is itching then you can take levocetrizine tablet

If you get a chance it is always better to show it to a doctor and get investigations done like blood sugar F etc

Best wishes

I hope I have answered your query , if you want to ask anything else you are most welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: I have a labia fissure. What cure and medicine is required? 3 hours later
I have clobetasol propionate cream 5%. I used for a rash I had on my chest. Can I use that? I though fissures were a bacterial infection. Isn't clobetasol a steroid. Shouldn't I use an antibacterial cream instead or antibiotics...? Sorry just confused. I truly appreciate your help. Thank you so much! XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 minutes later


Yes you can use the cream containing clobetasol dipropionate or propionate 5%locally as this is the right kind of treatment for vaginal and vulval dermatosis

It can be due to dryness also as you have crossed 40 so apply mosturising lotion along with clobetasol

Best wishes

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor