Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

181 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

I have a knot in my vaginal area. It is

Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13394 Questions

Posted on Sat, 12 Jan 2019 in Women's Health
Question: I have a knot in my vaginal area. It is somewhat uncomfortable
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to many causes.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting your query.
I have gone through your query and understand your health concerns.

A small knot in the vaginal area can be due to-
1. Bartholin's cyst- usually painful.
2. Vaginal inclusion cysts
3. Gartner's duct cysts.
4. Benign tumours of the vagina.

A careful examination followed by investigations like skin biopsy may be needed for diagnosis.
Please visit your gynaecologist to undergo a physical checkup and also to undergo relevant investigations required in your case.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on