question-icon

I have a head & chest cold . Dry cough

Posted on Tue, 5 Mar 2019
Question: I have a head & chest cold. Dry cough & tight chest. I am also having ringing in my ears, causing disiness.
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Hii. You are having allergic pharyngitis and rhinitis which is inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Hii. You are having allergic pharyngitis and rhinitis which is inflammation of the nose and of the posterior part of oral cavity. Start a nasal fluticasone spray, betadine gargle,steam inhalation through nose, antiallergic tablet. Start omeprazole tablet also. You can have Benadryl syrup for cough. Please undergo a pure tone audiometry check up to see the hearing status and to see whether the ringing sensation of ear is due to allergic inflammation or there is a pathology of the ear. Review with reports.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist