I have a dark patch on my back, right above

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in General Health
Question: I have a dark patch on my back, right above where my bra back fastener is. It is difficult for me to see but it appears to be a light black and blue color. I did not injure this area as far as I know. I was wondering if you can tell me what can possibly cause something like this.
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
I have a dark patch on my back, right above where my bra back fastener is. It is difficult for me to see but it appears to be a light black and blue color. I did not injure this area as far as I know. I was wondering if you can tell me what can possibly cause something like this.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload images of the affected region for review

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps it is either macular amyloidosis or a fixed drug eruption. It's hard to be sure without having a look at it. So, I request you to kindly upload a few images of the affected area in the 'reports section' so that I am able to have a look and guide you accordingly.

Hope to assist you further once I get the images.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 13 hours later
I just added a picture for your review. Thank you very much.
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 10 hours later
Hello Doctor, I submitted a picture many hours ago. Have you had a chance to review it?
Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 0 minute later
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a possibility

Detailed Answer:
thank you. The image is a bit blurred but I suspect it to he a result of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation secondary to nickel contact dermatitis in your bra fastener.I suggest you to try a moderately potent topical steroid e.g either mometasone furoate 0.1% or triamcinolone acetonide 0.1% cream, twice daily for a few weeks.

take care
let me know if you need any more assistance
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

take care