I have a concern im a top baby and im

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2019 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I have a concern im a top baby and im blind in my right eye is there any breakthrough as Sight again in my right eye thanks
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 0 minute later
rop baby
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
An ophthalmologist examining retina is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service. I read your query and here is my advice.

It is important to know the stage of rop you were having.
Normally these baby's are treated with laser or cryotherapy soon after being diagnosed and their progression during life is tracked.
You may try laser therapy but you should consult an ophthalmologist to examine your retina in details and see if you can still do a laser therapy.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 39 minutes later
But im39 now would this still help me it’s never too late though right so how come they couldn’t do this they 1 st noticed when I was 5 months hold like when I went to the eye doctor inthe 80s is that the reason it wasn’t invented yet today it’s a lot more technology correct laser and coplolgy corrct
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 2 minutes later
Like they gave 100 percent oxygen and the retinas were scarring so in result right eye blind noticed at 5 months old the left eye same thing but got my version normally
Brief Answer:
An ophthalmologist examination is necessary.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again dear and thank you for asking again.
I think the laser or cryotherapy should have been used early age when you were a kid and yes laser was invented in 80.

I think you should visit an ophthalmologist to see the conditions of retina the treatment options and if you can benefit from laser.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 57 minutes later
But how come it wasn’t used when I was 5 months old the laser and the cryotherapy ?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is also advisable.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. I don't know if it was applied in your country laser surgery at that time or if you did it and was unsuccessful.

You should discuss the treatment options with an ophthalmologist because you may also consider surgery.

Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 3 hours later
I was born in XXXXXXX
What’s the word cyotherapy
There was not enough technology in the 80”s would it still be affected for me today I’m 39
Hello
Follow up: Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 4 minutes later
They said could be negative affects what they did not know but they noticed folks about 5 months old that’s all?? The right eye no vision due to the Oxgen but left eye normal they still couldn’t do this laser but when born they can catch in time but since 39 too late I heard it’s never too late correct
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cryotherapy uses low temperature to freeze tissues.

Detailed Answer:
Hello I believe laser was used in XXXXXXX in 80. Cryotherapy is a therapy which uses low temperature to freeze living tissues; used to treat Rop.
I think you can try microsurgery and laser therapy and can even have benefits today that you are adult.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad