I have a burning sensation under my skin, it comes

Dermatologist
Question
I have a burning sensation under my skin, it comes and goes, but I also notice if I press anywhere on my body it hurts. I am not debilitated. I exercise 5 days a week, but I wonder what it is. Should I be concerned
Mon, 12 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be mild neuropathy

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
Occasional burning sensation usually indicates a mild neuropathy.
It has multiple causes like alcoholism, deficiency of vitamin B1 or vitamin B12 or age related.
Do you have any other ailments or taking any medicines as certain disorders and drugs can cause burning sensation.
If it is mild and occurs occasionally no need to worry.
You can take any multivitamin containing vitamin B12 and B1.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: I have a burning sensation under my skin, it comes 3 days later
Dr. Asmeet XXXXXXX Sawhney
I felt the dx was somewhat generic, I feel the burning sensation from my thighs into my chest. I also have what feels like cellulite under all of my skin except my face and decollate. My skin is painful if I push very hard at all. I was curious if it is a type of Dysesthesia or possibly fibromyalgia. But I am not in chronic pain. I am not Diabetic.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be a case of mild fibromyalgia , consult a rheumatologist

Detailed Answer:
It could be a case of mild fibromyalgia but you need to consult a rheumatologist for it and get it evaluated.