I have a bump on my leg. I have dark
previous soft tissue infection, currently in healing phase.
Welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and evaluated attached photo image as well.
* As per my surgical experience, this is a sequel of previous soft tissue infection ( mostly
bacterial ) with current status of healing by fibrosis ( white part ) and granulation
tissue ( dark portion ).
Kindly provide me further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Duration of the bump with progress details since beginning.
2. Is there itching, discharge of any fluid from the area ?
3. Duration of intake of Valacyclovir and Apri with any observed changes in the part ?
4. History of diabetes ?
Awaiting for your response.
1. I believe I have had the bump for like two or three months now. At first it was all dark (like the outside color) and I kept picking at it because I thought it might be a pimple, but it wouldn't pop. A couple of days later the middle was white.
2. I haven't experienced any itching, discharge or fluid from the area.
3. I take Valtrex and Apri 1QD.
4. In my family? I believe so.
Are you saying I have diabetes?????
follow up .
Thanks for the details.
* Infection sounds secondary to picking of possible pimple type lesion.
The question regarding diabetes was as part of medical information only, I have not
meant you have diabetes.
* Guidelines at present
- Keep the part clean with antiseptic solution.
- Discuss the need of antibiotic to cover possible bacterial infection underlying ( as
acyclovir is purely antiviral medicine ) during your next visit with your consultant.
- Observe the size of lesion with subsequent therapy.
Feel free for further communication.
Wish you best health.