I have a bump on my leg. I have dark
Need some details to guide you in a better way
Hello and Welcome to 'Ask A Doctor' service.
I have reviewed your query. There could be a number of causes for your complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. Since when are you having this problem?
2. can you share a clear close image of the bump?
3. any history of fever, itching or multiple bumps?
4. are you on any medication?
5. does overlying skin feels hot?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
1. I have had the bump for like 2 or three months now.
3. No history of any of the mentioned
4. I take Valtrex and Apri 1QD
5. The skin doesn’t feel hot
Keep area clean with antiseptic solution; close followup
Thank You for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. However, i was unable to view the image attached. Most common cause of such bump includes boil, followed by pimple which can get infected IF discharge is coming out from it. If i were your treating doctor then i would have advised following measures:
- Clean the area with some sterile solution like spirit or pyodine.
- Apply polyfax ointment over the area.
- Avoid touching the area with dirty hands.
Keep close eye over the area. If size of the bump increases, adjacent area also swells or pus comes out of it then you need to visit your nearest doctor for local examination and further workup.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wishing you good health !!