question-icon

I have a blister , I was wondering if I

Posted on Sun, 3 Mar 2019
Question: I have a blister, I was wondering if I should get medical treatment ($100 here) or if it looks normal. I've had it for about a week now. I've been doing lots of walking in Europe. Is it infected? thanks
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Friction blister

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service. I have viewed the image and gone through your query.

It is a friction blister due to excessive walking. I suggest you to use a topical antibiotic ointment e.g either Neosporin ointment or Mupirocin 2% ointment, twice daily for a week. It would flatten, dry and peel off itself in a few days. Avoid puncturing it. Avoid walking as much as you can.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need any more assistance.
Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist