Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
193 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

I have a big lump under my arm and it

Answered by
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Practicing since :1999

Answered : 14764 Questions

Posted on Thu, 4 Apr 2019 in Lump
Question: I have a big lump under my arm and it popped green puss what can put on it I don't have health insurance
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pigment producing bacterial infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.

* The discharge of green pus indicate infection with bacteria producing pigments.

* Ideal approach requires pus culture report with antibiotic assistance to heal it
completely according to the sensitivity results.

* Currently can put sterile gauze piece immersed with triple antibiotic ointment after
cleansing with normal saline.
Control of blood sugar is of vital importance.

If you can provide a photo picture of the lump as an attachment in follow up conversation, I can still guide in further details.

Wish you best health.

Dr Bhagyesh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 6 hours later
Had to go to urgent care have mupirocin ointment to put in my nose but I'm not sure because it says on skin?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome for follow up.

Mupirocin is one of the best useful antibacterial agents for superficial skin infections. You can apply it, not to worry.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on