I have a 4.3 cm adrenal adenoma on the left

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: I have a 4.3 cm adrenal adenoma on the left side. it was smaller back in 2011 when I had a 7 cm mass removed with my right ovary so they left it alone. have had lots of weight gain, pain on left side to where I almost went to er tonight. primary dr doesn't feel I need any additional workup since mri showed it was benign and from fatty cells, no blood flow to it
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
About adrenal adenoma:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone carefully through your concern.
Usually we recommend surgery for adenomas over 4 cm despite their characteristics in MRI or CT scan. Furthermore, the mass dimensions are increased during the last years, that is another criteria to remove it.
You should also exclude a hormonal production by checking the adrenal gland hormonal secretion, if you have noticed that during these years you have gained weight, have high blood pressure, Diabetes ect.
So, probably you should discuss once again with your physician about it.
Best wishes,
Dr.Mirjeta

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana