I have a 4.3 cm adrenal adenoma on the left

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Thu, 29 Mar 2018 in Cancer
Question: I have a 4.3 cm adrenal adenoma on the left side, weight gain not normal, pain on my left side. primary dr said it is benign with ct and mri scans,no blood work. he doesn't feel any further need to be seen by endocrinologist, don't want to be gaining anymore weight and wanted to go to er earlier with the pain.
Follow up: Dr. Esmeralda Sera 5 minutes later
please send any replies as text message to my cell phone as I cannot get to my email right now due to being hacked
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Adrenal adenoma

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

If you have an adrenal gland adenoma, you have a tumor on your adrenal gland, but it’s not cancer
If you have a nonfunctioning tumor, you probably won’t need any treatment
If you are symptomatic you may be able to get medicine that prevents hormones from working or lowers their levels so you won’t have any symptoms, for that you should consult endocrinologist

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana