I have 4 mm kidney stone
A stone of a size of 4 mm will pass out spontaneously.No active treatment.
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted your Ultrasound Scanning has revealed 4 mm stone in your kidney.
Normally s atone of a size of less than 8 mm pass out through urine spontaneously and no active treatment is required .
Ensure to drink more water to produce more urine .You may take pain killers like Diclofenac twice daily.as and when necessary.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dehydration is the primary cause leading to form urinary stones .
Thanks for follow up .
Dehydration is the primary and important factor that leads to formation of urinary stones .
The precise nature of the stone whether it is uric acid stone , phosphate stone or mixed stone can not be determined only on ultrasound studies.
The stone has to be collected when one passes it out through urine and send it to laboratory for analysis.
Urine test and blood tests may give gross idea about nature of stone .
Thanks and Regards.
The precise nature of the stone whether it is uric acid stone, phosphate stone or mixed stone cannot be determined only on ultrasound studies ----- OK
A urine test and blood tests may give a gross idea about nature of stone ---- NAME OF TEST WHICH I CAN CARRY OUT.
As explained above, I started drinking 1-liter of water in moring from last 20 days, so I'm eager to find out the reason for this cause.
Get routine urine test done .
Thanks forfollow up.
Get routine urine test done ,there are many tests being done which are decided on findings of routine urine test results.
Thanks and Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?