I have 101degree fever, hard dry cough , serious chest

Excellent

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
I have 101degree fever, hard dry cough, serious chest congestion no sore throat, no headache, no GI problem, or nausea.
I'm afraid it may get much worse as 4 times before with 4 pneumonias-one sepsis?
Because immune suppression for kidney transplant 6 years ago-
I'm afraid to go to emergency room-flu outbreak might be terminal.

I have a 7 day dose -14 pills of antibiotic-AMOX TR-K CLV 875-125MG TAB prescribed by my pulmonologist in July, 2017. I doubt you can tell me to take them; but please tell me you can't tell me not to. Thanks
Mon, 5 Feb 2018 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think this is a viral situation.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your symptoms I think that this is a viral situation (flu) that usually I don't prescribe antibiotics but tamiflu(antiviral).
So I suggest to do a pulmonary x-ray to define better the diagnosis and to see if you need amoxiklav or not.
Furthermore I need to know how many days you have these symptoms?

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.