I had vein ablation done because I went to a
It needs some time to improve.
Hello and welcome to "Ask a Doctor " service.
I have read your query and here is my advice.
I think that it needs some time ( few days ) for the venous blood circulation to restore after vein ablation.
In mean time, rest is necessary and the leg should be maintained above the body ( heart ) level using cushions for example as you lay down, in order to improve the blood circulation.
Compression stockings also may be used to improve the swelling.
If the swelling persists more than one week or gets worse a reevaluation from your Doctor is necessary in order to evaluate correctly any possible complication after the ablation.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Cases of medical malpractice are evaluated by forensic medicine specialists.
In my opinion, in your case, it is difficult to say if there was malpractice or not since all medical invasive procedures have the possibility of a certain percentage to fail or to deteriorate the condition.
In the other hand, extended examination by tests also should have been done in order to minimize the failure of the procedure.
Hope I helped you.
Feel free to discuss with me if you have further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?