I had sex November 2007 from that time I was
My doubt is that is there any possibility of hiv infection in future. Do I need to worry. Please guide me. I had only one sex encounter in 2007. I wish to marry. Expecting your valuable reply.
Please don"t be stressed... Get your doubt cleared.
Thanks for the query.I have read it & understood your concern.
You had a solitary doubtful exposure to the infection in November 2007. &are regularly checking for possible infection since then &every time the result is negative.In following years you had stomoch
infection... but there was no positive HIV ..also recently you seem to have skin infection ,not healing &you are again worried about possibility....
*In this respect I want to inform you few things about HIV detection.
- Windows period for HIV infection(the gap between exposure &appearance of viruses inpatients body )is 3 weeks... so 1st Elisa test done to screen the possibility at 4 weeks of exposure.2nd Elisa test is performed to exclude the infection after 3 months of exposure...You have both the tests-ve (so many times)
After 2nd Elisa testis-ve 'Viral load test ' can be performed any time after getting doubtful sumptoms to exclude the infection.
*Actually skin conditions are long lasting in many cases..still to clear the doubt ...you can go for
-Trypan blue exclusion test determining cell viability
In consultation with your treating doctor.
*Absence of symptoms or positive tests in your sex partner... would help in clearing your doubt.
So I would suggest to get your doubt cleared by suitable test &start your family life with clear mind.Wish you all the best!
I hope that helps you.Anyfollow upqueryis welcome.
Some mis interpretation of the CIMA test.
Hi Templates creative,
Thanks for the follow up query.
I feel there is some confusion in the conclusion drawn from CIMA test for HIV.
CIMA test is chemiluminescent microparticle immunological assay test. It detects both antibodies &antigens for HIV . so it carries 99%accuracy in results after 90days of exposure upto any length of time.
You had a single exposure before 11years...with Negative result for all the tests done including CIMA test... this indicates no antigens or antibodies present in your body (provided you do not have another exposure in last 3 month) so.
You do not have HIV
The test does not indicate that you have immunity for the disease.
I hope that clears your doubt.
*In case you still have some doubt..
you can go for semen test to exclude presence of HIV virus in semen (negative blood test with positive semen test is seen in some patients very rarely)
I hope that answers your query. Any follow upquery is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling chill and shaking. Is this a sign of an illness?
- Have high BP, cholesterol and low thyroid. Feel heart rate increases at...
- Having intense burning and noticed swelling in clitoris and labias after...
- Had open surgery for advanced sigmoid colectomy. Watery stools with pain...
- Have severe facial flushing and rosacea. Going through menopause. What...
- Type-2 diabetic, constipated, having abdominal pain after bowel...
- What causes headaches?
- Suggest treatment for recurrent diarrhea
- Suggest treatment for foot infection
- What causes severe hair loss?