I had reached out earlier as well, have some follow-up
Need opinion on treatment course for my wife for invasive right breast carcinoma, no special type (NST), grade III - ER: Positive (90% of tumour cells show nuclear staining with strong intensity, Allred score 8/8).PR: Positive (70% of tumour cells show nuclear staining with strong intensity, Allred score 8/8).
HER2/neu (Ventana): Positive (Score 3+)
12 weeks' Chemotherapy completed with good results. Right breast radical mastectomy performed with good healing, 4 weeks AC therapy completed, 15 fractions IMRT scheduled from next week. Further 14 cycles of Herceptin (trastuzumab) is advised.
I want to take opinion if the treatment protocol followed is on correct lines. How do we know if the disease has not spread further after radiation therapy is completed and trastuzumab is started. Any particular tests to undergo and signs to note, precautions to be taken.
Also, I have attached a biopsy report done after surgery. Can you interpret how is it. The doctor mentioned sampling was good.
PET scans will help in detecting any relapse.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I have seen the attached report.The treatment that your wife is being given is correct. After the radical surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy are done to remove any remenant malignant cells in the body. The attached biopsy report shows that all the lymph nodes are removed and the tissue removed was of good size with free margins and the tumor was only residual. After the completion of radiation therapy it is best to have regular PET scans after every 6 months to detect any re appearance of the metastasis. There are no specific signs to watch for. Regular follow up visits are needed.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...