I had pain in my penis after urination since Feb
Need some clarifications...
You mentioned the pain has been there from 3rd May and that you used medications (antibiotics) for 5 days. How long ago was the medications started?
The urine reports were done recently couple of days ago. Are the tests performed after the course of antibiotics?
Awaiting answers to these questions.
3-Feb: Pain started
4-6 Feb: Used Norfloxacin 6 tabs for 3 days (from local medical shop)
9-13 Feb: Used Cefixime, Nitrofurantoin and Flavoxate twice daily for 5 days (as per online doctor's advice)
17 Feb: Urine sample given
As mentioned, the pain is almost gone, but that slight discomfort is still there. It's not completely back to normal. I am also feeling some sharp throat pain on left side for last 4 days. Not sure if this is related, but wanted to tell you.
Thanks for asking details. Look forward to hearing from you.
Infection seems to be persisting...
So as per the details, the latest urine tests were done, 4 days after antibiotic course and it still reveals presence of few puss cells (WBC) and the culture revealed Klebsiella oxytoca. It implies that you still have residual urinary tract infection.
As you also have some discomfort persisting, I think you need another course of antibiotic. This time however you should be treated with antibiotics that are sensitive to the culture report. I will suggest you meet your treating doctor with the culture sensitive report and start appropriate antibiotic.
In the meanwhile, drink plenty of water. Avoid unprotected intercourse and maintain good hygeine.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...