I had one side of my nose cauterized a few

Dr. Rajat Basak

ENT Specialist

Posted on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I had one side of my nose cauterized a few days back. After the procedure I had a runny nose and was spitting outbright yellow snot for a few days. After removal of the gauze I saw that my nasal passage had a yellow lining. I was not feelijg too well. I have backaches and I feel i have low grade fever. I asked my doctor if the site could be infected he said its not and asked me to clean the yellow crust with normal saline water and continue to spray saline spray. I do not feel too well. Could it be infected? What shouls I do? Can you please advise
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hii. It's unlikely you have got infected after cauterization. It may be the

Detailed Answer:
Hii. It's unlikely you have got infected after cauterization. It may be the crusts due to cauterization. Please give normal saline drops and nasal spray. You can start antibiotic augmentin tablet as a precaution and continue the drop and spray. It will prevent any synechiae to be formed and will clear the crusts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rajat Basak 37 hours later
Hello doctor i consulted my doctor here again in my town. And he feels it may have some infection. I am taking the augmentin. There is a lot of yellow discharge that comes with my spit and alao there is pain in the bridge of the nose now. I also am feverish and feel groggy. I would like to know if it would be better to take treatment in the big city like XXXXXXX or XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rajat Basak 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hii. If there is yellow discharge coming from the nose then it's better to

Detailed Answer:
Hii. If there is yellow discharge coming from the nose then it's better to start on augmentin. Also give fluticasone and solsprey nasal spray and antiallergic tablet. Its is always better to get treatment from big cities.