I had my follicular study ..today is 17th day but

Dr. Shanti Vennam

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 29 Dec 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I had my follicular study ..today is 17th day but still not ruptured ... lab doctor says it's slightly poly cystic ... is there any chance that I get pregnant naturally.. my endometrial thickness today is 14.4... follicle size is 17mm
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detailed below.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for letting us know your health concern.

I have gone through your query and would like to offer some information. In the current scenario, the possibility of natural conception is immediately not possible.

The endometrial thickness is more and the size of the ovum also is more than normal. It is possible that it may have turned cystic without rupture and release of the ovum. Thicker endometrium is observed with unopposed estrogen activity.

This situation calls for further evaluation, correction of hormonal defects if any, induction of ovulation if needed and follow up.

Natural conception is possible with proper management. Please maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Hope you find this information useful.
Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Dr Shanti.V.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee