I had consulted you several times with questions related to
History: My aunt was diagnosed with T2N0M0 right breast carcinoma in XXXXXXX 2017 and got operated on 9th XXXXXXX 2017. Tumor was 3cm, ER+, PR+, HER2--. Quadrantectomy done with axillary dissection. TC*4 chemo given with 21 days radiation. Chemo completed on 27th March, 2017. Radiation completed on 26th May, 2017. Currently on Femara.
We did a second year Dexa scan for her and based on the report our medical oncologist changed the Almigty 200mg daily twice tablet to Shelcal 500mg 3 times a day. This is suggested along with 4mg Zyclastin twice in an year. But we have around 3 months of Almity purchased already and my question, is it ok to continue almity till we complete the tablets and then switch to Shelcal? We actually forgot to ask this question with our doctor. Please suggest. Report attached for your reference.
Hello. Yes you can continue with almity
Hello. I have seen the reports. So you can continue with almity calcium tablets. You can take 3 to 4 of them till shelcal is started. Increase fluid intake also.
Thanks and regards
If she is taking it 4 times a day then at what time it should be taken? Morning, afternoon, evening and night? Please suggest
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes inflammation in the lungs while treating pneumonia?
- Can nodules in the lungs be cancerous?
- What are the long term side effects of Cytoxan and Taxotere?
- What does this biopsy report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for cough, headache and nausea
- Suggest treatment for a large tumor in the abdomen
- What is the prognosis for metastatic ampullary carcinoma?
- Suggest treatment for iron deficiency anemia
- What does my lab test report indicate?
- Is missing a dosage of medicine during anti tubular lymphadenitis...