I had consulted you several times with questions related to

Dr. Indranil Ghosh

Oncologist

Posted on Sat, 2 Feb 2019 in General Health
Question: I had consulted you several times with questions related to my aunt's breast cancer and this is a question on her 2nd year follow up mammogram and sonomammography.
History: My aunt was diagnosed with T2N0M0 right breast carcinoma in XXXXXXX 2017 and got operated on 9th XXXXXXX 2017. Tumor was 3cm, ER+, PR+, HER2--. Quadrantectomy done with axillary dissection. TC*4 chemo given with 21 days radiation. Chemo completed on 27th March, 2017. Radiation completed on 26th May, 2017. Currently on Femara.

Last week we did a mammogram for her and it her left breast(not operated breast) they identified a mass which is identified as Fibroadenoma by the doctor who did initial mammogram and he suggested FNAC considering her history. We consulted our treating medical oncologist with the all reports and he suggested to get the films reviewed again by another radiologist in his hospital and reported it as fibroadenoma. Then our doctor told nothing to worry and will do the mammogram next year and she has to continue Femara, Shelcal and also Zyclastin 4mg given based on her Dexa scan report. I was wondering if it is better to do the FNAC to rule out anything? What is your opinion please. Reports are attached for your reference.
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 30 hours later
Brief Answer:
appears to be fibroadenoma

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for following up.

Looking at the reports and films, this appears to be a fibroadenoma. Has it been compared to the old films? If no change is seen then it goes with benign. If previous films not available or this one is new we can do another ultrasound in 3 months time and decide.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng