I had cabg x4 April 2017. My ex husband divorced

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
I had cabg x4 April 2017. My ex husband divorced me 6 years ago after 46 years of marriage. He jointly owns our home and wants to sell ithe home March 2018. I do not feel ready to do that and feel the stress is too much right now. Can there be a medical reason to legally stop him?
Mon, 29 Jan 2018 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello Ma'am

After going through the details provided by you I completely understand your situation and am really sorry to hear that.

First of all I would like to tell you that on the basis of medical grounds I don't think it will be a solid reason to stop him from doing that.

However as you said he's a joint owner of the house so legally to sell this property your will and signatures will also be required. In my opinion you should take the help of a lawyer who can legally help and guide you.

I hope this information will guide you properly. I will pray for you well being. And don't take stress as it will just make things worse for you.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap