I had been treated surgically with permanent brachytherapy + High
The consequent adverse effects include loss of libido and impotence for which my GP prescribes VIAGRA up to 1000mg which is disappointing.
All virological muscles around my penis, anus, etc. are so weakened, I had now resorted to manual evacuation of faeces from my rectum at North Middlesex Hospital A&E in North London. Please advise about restoring normalcies.
Surgery may help you.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
The situation of your collapse is complicated and comes as a result of surgery, brachytherapy + high dose radiation. The pelvic nerves are damaged permanently from high dosage radiation causing problems with erection, and muscle tone.
Also the surgery has caused possible fibrosis that has restricted rectum making difficult the passage of feces.
You have to consult a surgeon to make a reconstruction of pelvic mussels and rectum.
I also would suggest you to take vitamin B complex and zinc to improve muscle tone.
Hope I have answered the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.
1. Do you know of/about medical repairs to/for such damaged pelvic nerves.
2. If brachtherapy for combatting prostate cancers is still being practised my your medical profession knowing the severe adverse effects on pelvic nerves; what are being done by your medical profession to avert and/or repair these adverse consequences.
3. Please advise.
Thank you and oblige.
A visit to surgeon is needed.
Hello and thank you for asking again.
1.The technical procedures of surgery are highly specific and specialized an adapted to the situation of the person.
2. Brachytherapy despite the side effects is a life saving situation and the side effects vary from person to person.
Of course the patient should be informed of side effects before going through it.
Prostate cancer is a high mortality cancer.
3. Visit a surgeon to examine you and give specific advice for you.
Hope you are getting well soon.
Wishing you good health.
Please kindly recommend experienced surgeons specialising in such practices.
Leueven University Hospital.
I would recommend you Leuven University Hospital in Belgium . There are several successful and specialised surgeons there that have given good results on reconstruction surgery.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.