question-icon

I had an uncomplicated laparoscopic appendectomy two weeks ago. Been

Posted on Sun, 10 Mar 2019
Question: I had an uncomplicated laparoscopic appendectomy two weeks ago. Been feeling good, a little weak still. The past two days it feels like I’ve got bad gas pains. Not constpated, but uncomfortable feeling in my stomach.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Please give additional information and try probiotics, activated charcoal

Detailed Answer:
Noted the history and understood the concerns.
Since the post-op is good and uneventful for the last 2 weeks there seems to be not much of a worry.
You have bad gas pain for the last 2 days without constipation.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
If there are no symptoms of bloating, nausea, vomiting, alteration in stool and fever you may please take Probiotics, activated charcoal tablets and an antispasmodic if there is pain in abdomen. See the results.
Take fluids orally. Hold solid foods at the moment.

Please give additional information for me to assist you better:
Where is the pain? Is it localized to one area or all over abdomen?
Is the pain severe?
Any other symptoms as mentioned above?

Please give feedback.
With Regards.
Dr T Chandrakant.

Follow up: Dr. T Chandrakant (3 hours later)
Just gas pain in abdomen. I also
Had discomfort in the lower abdomen when having a bowel moment. I’m following your recommendations and I’m
also drinking probiotics. Thank you so much.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant (11 hours later)
Brief Answer:
How are you now, at the moment?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your feedback.
Please give additional feedback about the present condition.

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon