question-icon

I had an endometrial biopsy two days ago. I had

Posted on Sat, 30 Mar 2019
Question: I had an endometrial biopsy two days ago. I had only had minimal spotting prior to procedure. Now I’m having minor bleeding and cramps. How long should this last?
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
usually 2 to 3 days,

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Unfortunately bleeding is a possible complication of this procedure. In some cases, it can continue for 2 to 5 days (very rarely up to 5 days- usually 2 to 3) ,till the traumatized areas of the uterus are mostly healed from the biopsy.

If the bleeding becomes severe or there is no noticeable slight decrease, then you may need to contact your doctor for an assessment.

Some persons may also experience abdominal cramping, this can also last the same time frame. The use of pain medications such as paracetamol .
In some persons medications such as ibuprofen or naproxen, can increase bleeding

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James