I had a wide local excision biopsy done on January
soft tissue bacterial infection most likely.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor services.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* As there is swelling with pain, there is definite evidence of soft tissue inflammation
from possible bacterial infection.
Kindly provide me further details so that I can answer your query completely.
1. Is there associated fever ?
2. Is there itching, redness or any sort of fluid discharge from the area ?
3. Has the biopsy site completely healed ?
4. Any history of diabetes ?
Awaiting for your response.
follow up .
Thanks for the details.
* This details again confirm the inflammation issue from various reasons.
* I would request an additional input if feasible from your side as a high resolution photo pic of the operated part as well as current lump site as an attachment in follow up conversation for best evaluation.
Wish you good day.