I had a urine test ran yesterday and one of

Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I had a urine test ran yesterday and one of the results says: Blood hemolyzed: trace What does that mean?
Answered by Dr. Mahboob Ur Rahman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please see detalied answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor" service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
The test results indicate there is very little blood in the urine .While the presence of blood in urine may sound weird , however most of the times this is not anything sifnificant untI'll it is persitent .(positive repetedly in 3 weeks )
Causes of postive blood in urine may indicate infection , trauma, stones it he urinate tract .However some times systamic disease like hypertension , SLE and blood disorders can also cause blood in urine. However that is if blood in urine is clearly positive ( not trace ).
In yours, the result is only "TRACE positive ,trace amount of heamolysed ( broken ) blood may come in urine with out any disease .The rule is that we consider the "trace positive " blood in urine as Negative , ie normal test .So if you have no other problem like pain , or urinary urgency burning , then we would just ignore the test , its normal.
However if you have any symptoms then we would generally look for cause like to see if there is any infectiin or stones in your kidney .Itself it's a normal test if other parameters are ok.
Hope I have answered your question. Please feel free to ask any thimg else you need to know.I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Rahman. .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad