I had a urine test ran yesterday and one of
Please see detalied answer.
Hello and Welcome to "Ask A Doctor" service. I have read your question and here is my advice.
The test results indicate there is very little blood in the urine .While the presence of blood in urine may sound weird , however most of the times this is not anything sifnificant untI'll it is persitent .(positive repetedly in 3 weeks )
Causes of postive blood in urine may indicate infection , trauma, stones it he urinate tract .However some times systamic disease like hypertension , SLE and blood disorders can also cause blood in urine. However that is if blood in urine is clearly positive ( not trace ).
In yours, the result is only "TRACE positive ,trace amount of heamolysed ( broken ) blood may come in urine with out any disease .The rule is that we consider the "trace positive " blood in urine as Negative , ie normal test .So if you have no other problem like pain , or urinary urgency burning , then we would just ignore the test , its normal.
However if you have any symptoms then we would generally look for cause like to see if there is any infectiin or stones in your kidney .Itself it's a normal test if other parameters are ok.
Hope I have answered your question. Please feel free to ask any thimg else you need to know.I will be glad to answer any further question about this. kind Regards Dr Rahman. .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hello. In Mid-May I spent two weeks traveling in a
- I have severe insomnia . so I have taken 2
- Hello, I am trying to find how to complete sentences
- awakened dizzy this morning with a cold sweat. took my
- Would 250 mg daily of magnesium have adverse effect on
- I have been having a feeling of something moving up
- I received my MRI and MRA of both brain and
- at what low dose of predisone does your adernal glands
- blood test results how high is it when you are
- Ulcer pain keeps me from sleeping. Can I take Tylenol