I had a total hysterectomy , gall bladder and appendix
Scar tissue can cause adhesions.
Thanks for posting your query.
The scar tissue from the surgeries done 20 years ago is not likely to cause pain now.
The scars can cause adhesions in the abdomen causing mild pain. The pain at a specific area can be related to mild nerve root compression at the lumbar spine also. MRI scan of the lumbar spine can help in ruling this out.
The bad night sweats can be related to generalized weakness also. Using heavy bed covers can also cause such a problem. You need to increase your daily fluid intake and see if it helps. You can also use Lactic acid containing vaginal wash and observe thereafter how you stay.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Thanks for writing again.
Endometriosis is not likely to cause the night sweats but it can be related to postmenopausal hormonal changes. Residual endometriosis is less likely after so many years of hysterectomy. But scar tissue adhesions is a stronger possibility. A sonogram will not help much. It is better to get an MRI scan or a diagnostic laparoscopy.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...