I had a stroke several months ago and also a
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on Ask a Doctor service!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that your symptoms could be related to partial epilepsy seizures or repeated TIAs (transient ischemic attacks).
For this reason, I would recommend performing an EEG and a brain MRI in order to investigate for the above mentioned possible causes.
It is also important perfomring a Doppler ultrasound of the carotid arteries, an ambulatory 24-48 hours ECG monitoring for possible cardiac arrhythmia and some other blood lab tests (blood electrolytes for possible electrolyte imbalance).
In the meantime, it is important continue taking blood thinners and closely monitor your blood pressure values and heart rate during those episodes.
It is also very important continue taking blood thinners, to prevent any future strokes.
Hope to have been helpful!
Wishing good health,
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?