I had a sore stomach a couple weeks ago that

Dr. Aaron Branch

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I had a sore stomach a couple weeks ago that felt like i had a swollen area above my belly button and it traveled to the lower side of my belly button over 3 days or so and went away. It;s back and it feels a little sore and is the top side pf my belly button. No cramps or anything just a little tender.
Answered by Dr. Aaron Branch 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Many possible causes of abdominal pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch, thanks for using Ask a Doctor.

There are many possible causes for the abdominal pain you are having, which will probably require a thorough examination and blood work to try to diagnose. Since the pain moved and has come and gone as it has, I would suspect this is an intestinal problem. There are many diseases that can affect the intestines, including inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and sometimes colon cancer can present in this way.

I would want to check your blood for any signs of anaemia, which would suggest that there is a bleed in your intestines. If you have not had a colonoscopy in the past 10 years I would also recommend you get that. If you have any other symptoms with this pain such as diarrhoea or nausea/vomiting, that may suggest an infectious cause.

I hope that helps answer your question. At your age, I would take any onset of abdominal pain like this seriously, and I would recommend getting evaluated for the things I suggested above.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about that, I would be glad to help with anything further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee