I had a severe stomach virus with diareaha(spelling) I have

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Thu, 21 Mar 2019 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I had a severe stomach virus with diareaha(spelling) I have dry mouth syndrome also. I was severely dehydrated causing my tongue and the sides of my mouth to adhere to sides of my mouth (more than usual) after the virus which lasted approximately 12 days. Now the blisters are severe and I am having difficulty speaking and drinking and eating solid food. I am 71 years old. I am using Neosporin for short-term minor relief
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin supplements..

Detailed Answer:

It is not uncommon to hear about oral ulcers after a spell of viral infection. It will resolve in a few days. I suggest to use vitamin supplement. It will help in faster healing. Multivitamins will be available over the counter.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Follow up: Dr. Prasad 19 minutes later
I need something the will relieve the paid as quickly as possible. is there anything I can use in my month to kill the paid
Answered by Dr. Prasad 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Try orajel...

Detailed Answer:

There are numbing agents containing benzocaine / lignocaine. Orajel is one such product.

You can try it on the affected area. It will numb the area and ease the discomfort to some extent. If the blisters persists for more than a week, you should visit a doctor for evaluation.