I had a salad for lunch yesterday and almost immediately

Dr. Olgeta Xhufka

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2019 in General Health
Question: I had a salad for lunch yesterday and almost immediately upon finishing i experienced sever stomach pain and cramping - mostly lower right abdomen. Used the bathroom and that helped a little but it still continued throughout last evening although letting up a bit. Seemed better this morning but have a lagging pain in my lower right abdomen. IBS?
Answered by Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is not related to IBS.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.

If this is the first time that happens to you and just for 2-3 days it is not related to IBS.
It may be a casual gastroenteritis or inflammation of intestine. This will get better in a couple of days.
You can take probiotics such enterogermina to establish the intestinal flora.
IBS is characterised by long periods of diarrhoea an constipation not related to a clearly identified cause.

Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T