I had a radical prostatectomy in July 2018 and ED
Increase in Testosterone level does help to improve sexual desire .
Thanks for query .
Based on the facts that you have posted you have undergone Radical Prostatectomy for cancer of the prostate and since then facing problem of sexual dysfunction and loss of libido .
Testosterone is considered to be a fuel for sexual desire of a man hence it is but normal to have loss of libido (Sex desire ) after surgery of Radical Prostatectomy for few months till the time when testosterone levels reach to normal levels (6-18 months ).
Following few factors cause reduction in testosterone levels and sex desire after surgery of prostate
1)Anxiety and Emotion after being diagnosed to have Cancer
2)Depression that comes after major surgery and having cancer
4)Loss of ejaculation
5)Decrease in size of penis (common) after surgery of Prostate..
In majority of patients it takes 12-18 months for these sexual dysfunctions to return to normal .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?