I had a pap smear and the results showed hpv
Colposcopy is needed for further evaluation.
Hello dear, welcome to Ask a doctor service.
I read your query and here is my advice.
Before doing a pap smear you should not wear a tampon in 48 hours, don't have intercourse or use douche for 48 hours before examinations.
If you do this you can have false negative results which means your results may come negative while being positive.
The transvaginal ultrasound can detect cancer at certain dimensions.
Colposcopy is needed to evaluate the changes in colum epithelium and determine the stage.
Even the treatment depends on stage.
Please don't worry too much better you get final result.
Wishing you good health.
Hope I have answered the question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes black outs. I was standing by a door
- Hello, I've been a pack a day smoker for 42
- I received some insect (ant, chigger?) about two weeks ago.
- it seems everytime I try to swallow pork meat my
- My wife has been taken entecavir for 30 days as
- I was recently hospitalized for 6 weeks after overdosing on
- I am in major pain under my right breast/ rib
- Hey doctor, I just had a question I have been
- What could a persistent cough be from along with some
- I began weaning off 50mg of sertraline 3 weeks ago.