I had a non sedated colonoscopy and couldnt complete it
get panic control, later colonoscopy with sedation.
Hello and welcome to Ask A Doctor service.
I have read your query and here is my advise.
* As per my surgical experience, the colonoscopy examination many times provoke
discomfort with anxiety particularly when performed without sedation.
* I would recommend to undergo the procedure under minor sedation ( once the anxiety
and panic related to the procedure is over ).
Till that time, deep breathing exercises and YOGA are best tools to get back soon to normal rhythm.
Wish you best health ahead.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain and pressure in the rectum?
- What causes constant urge to urinate?
- Suggest treatment for IBS
- Suggest treatment for fever, headaches and shortness of breath
- Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain
- What causes burning sensation in the penis?
- What causes burning sensation in the throat?
- What causes urinary hesitancy in public toilets?
- What causes numbness in both hands?
- Suggest treatment for loose stools