I Had A Mitral Valve Replacement In 2008...in And Out
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome to Ask a Doctor service!
I passed carefully through your question and would like to know if leg swelling is present.
If your legs are swelling, it could be related to heart failure.
Other possible options to consider would be low blood pressure, electrolyte imbalance, possible neuropathy, vitamin D deficiency, etc..
Coming to this point, I would recommend performing some tests to investigate for the possible causes underlying your complaints:
- a cardiac ultrasound an NT pro BNP levels for possible heart failure
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalance
- complete blood count for anemia
- a Doppler ultrasound for possible venous insufficiency
- vitamin D and vitamin B12 plasma levels for possible deficiency.
Nerve conduction studies may be needed, in case of decreased reflexes during physical examination.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist