question-icon

I had a large (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches

Posted on Thu, 28 Feb 2019
Question: I had a large (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches long) breast cyst that I believe has ruptured. Should I be concerned, or will it absorb into my system?

Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela (53 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Please get an Ultrasound of the Breast

Detailed Answer:
Hello ad welcome to Ask A Doctor service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your description, it is clear that there was a Cyst in the Breast. We term it as Fibrocystic disease of the Breast.
In my 20 years of experience, I have not come across a case of Ruptured breast cyst. It is very rare.
I prefer an Ultrasound of the Breast which gives accurate description of the Cyst.
Nothing to worry.
Please consult your doctor and proceed further.

Hope I answered your query.If you have any questions,I will clarify further.
Wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon