question-icon

I Had A Couple Of Mosquito Bites And The Area

Posted on Fri, 31 Jul 2020
Question: I had a couple of mosquito bites and the area has turned black. Attached pic. How do i get rid of this
Answered by Dr. Dr. Kakkar (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Possibility of prurigo

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to ask a doctor service..I have gone through your query and viewed the images.

It seems like prurigo nodule. Is it itchy? I suggest you to use a potent topical steroid on it e.g either Clobetasol propionate 0.05% ointment or Halobetasol propionate 0.05% ointment, twice daily for a few days. You may also take a tablet of cetirizine 10mg once a day for symptomatic relief from itching. These are prescription medications.

Take care. Hope to assist you further.
Dr. Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist